I’m eating lunch today at one of my favorite places in my five blocks — Bouchon Bakery. I recommend the new salad special of the day: Shrimp with arugula, heirloom tomatoes, cucumber and corn. It comes with a bacon vinaigrette but I substituted Bouchon’s classic sherry vinaigrette. Outstanding! It’s my new favorite lunch item at Bouchon, though the tomato soup with grilled cheese remains a close second. Hopefully, the shrimp salad will become a regular menu offering. The only drawback is the price, $21.95, considering it is small. But what a setting – view of Columbus Circle and Central Park – and paired with fresh French bread and unlimited refills of iced tea makes it a great summer treat.
If you have a chance to try it, let me know what you think.
- Celebrate Easter with Magnolia Bakery’s Colorful Easter-Themed Cupcakes!
- NEW Vive la Crepe! Opens on Columbus Avenue on the Upper West Side
- Steve Guttenberg: Not just another handsome, talented actor….a friendly, neighborhood guy and the “mayor” of my five blocks.
- Time Warner Center Spruced for the Holidays
- Magnolia Bakery Features Specialty Cupcakes with Meringue Icing
NYC Healthy Bites (@… on NYC “Healthy Bites… Brad Crystal on Magnolia Bakery’s New Pe… Brad Crystal on Pinkberry Adds Peanut Butter A… Linden78 on 16 Handles Upper West Side:… Brad Crystal on Romero Britto Exhibit at Time…