I have lived on the Upper West Side of New York City for the last six years, but also lived here from 1988 – 1993 and grew up mostly in the suburbs of New York. I am a marketing executive who is also an avid travel, food, health and exercise enthusiast. I’ve lived overseas as well as in Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, and Palo Alto here in the U.S. In the last year, I have spent a lot of time getting to know the retailers and their proprietors within my five blocks. With this blog, I hope to share the wonderful joys of getting to know and loving your neighborhood – wherever the “five blocks”. In a city as large and hectic as Manhattan, it is amazing how your own neighborhood can still feel like a small town. And, as you will see from my posts, much of my focus is on healthy eating and living.
- Celebrate Easter with Magnolia Bakery’s Colorful Easter-Themed Cupcakes!
- NEW Vive la Crepe! Opens on Columbus Avenue on the Upper West Side
- Steve Guttenberg: Not just another handsome, talented actor….a friendly, neighborhood guy and the “mayor” of my five blocks.
- Time Warner Center Spruced for the Holidays
- Magnolia Bakery Features Specialty Cupcakes with Meringue Icing
NYC Healthy Bites (@… on NYC “Healthy Bites… Brad Crystal on Magnolia Bakery’s New Pe… Brad Crystal on Pinkberry Adds Peanut Butter A… Linden78 on 16 Handles Upper West Side:… Brad Crystal on Romero Britto Exhibit at Time…
Great blog. I used to live on W 70th so I find it of particular if not nostalgic interest. Have you ever done anything on The Sensuous Bean on W 70th? Great, though tiny, coffee shop that has been around for years.
Thanks Rob! If you can believe it, I’ve only been to Sensuous Bean a few times, but love the smell when I walk by. I’ll have to check it out and write on it. Thx for comment in the meantime so readers know to try it.